Overall Details of Solid Copper Earth Rods
- Material: Stainless Steel Grade 316, Carbon Steel Copper Bonded, High purity hard drawn copper to BS2874-C101.
- Thread: UNC External, DIN Standard
- Tensile Strength: 80,000 psi Min
- Shielding: The bonding conductors are to be installed in such a way so that they also act as shielding conductors.
- Surface Plating: The coating thickness for copper-coated rods shall not be less than 0.010-inch-thick at any point on the rod when measured with an eddy-current device per ASTM E-376.
- Conformal Standards: IEC 61219, ASTM B687 – 99, DIN Standards
- Any Size available as per custom specification and requirements.
Solid Copper Earth Rods Features
- Solid Copper Earth Rods feature an internal tapped hole at each end which allows them to be joined together with the use of a coupling dowel.
- When deep driving a solid copper earth rod the usual practice is to insert the rod into a bore hole and backfill with either Low-Resistance Earthing Compound or Bentonite.
- Available with different threaded version.
- Threads are formed by roll threading process to ensure extra strength and avoid the risk of chipping while driving the rods in the ground.
Solid Copper Earth Rods Applications
- For earthing Installation.
- Solid copper earth rods are installed where extremely high corrosion resistance and exceptionally long service are required.
- Commonly used where soil conditions are more aggressive, i.e. areas with high levels of salt content.
We can manufacture and export Solid Copper Earth Rods as per specifications (custom drawing and samples) for more information please contact us